Did you know that here at Glenaeon we have several fantastic co-curricular (outside class time) groups, all of which are looking for new participants?
- Concert Band – wind and brass instruments, plus some percussion. Rehearsals Tuesdays 7:30am. Directed by Christine Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big Band – brass, saxophone, bass, drums, percussion and keyboard (piano). Rehearsals Wednesdays 7:30am. Directed by Phil Arnold -email@example.com (High School students heard Big Band play at assembly this week)
- Chamber Choir – For singers who would like the opportunity to sing more challenging choral repertoire. Rehearsals Wednesday lunchtimes (negotiable depending on those who sign up). Directed by Ian Munns - I.Munns@glenaeon.nsw.edu.au
- Sinfonia – This is the only co-curricular offering at this stage for string players - in our developing orchestra: strings, wind and brass instruments. We invite any string players and also orchestral percussionists to join us. The ensemble also needs two more flutes, one clarinet and trombones. Rehearsals Thursdays 7:30am. Directed by Ian Munns - I.Munns@glenaeon.nsw.edu.au
- Jazz Combo – a small-ish jazz band made up of various instruments. Rehearsals Thursdays 3:30pm. Directed by Adriaan Mees - firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite any student who enjoys playing an instrument, and would like to extend themselves and discover the joy of playing music with other people, and the excitement of participating in performances to contact one of the directors above, or Julie at email@example.com
Generally these groups are open to students in Year 7 and up, but enthusiastic, dedicated and talented Primary School musicians will also be considered.