Here at Glenaeon, we strive to ensure each individual student is met, recognised and best supported to reach their full learning potential. Over the past year our Head of Learning Enrichment Angela Sutton has been rebuilding and growing the Learning Enrichment team. Angela commenced in 2021 as part of our commitment to enhance our support for students with learning needs, and to communicate to parents all the work that is being done. There have been a number of staff changes and now with the most recent appointment, it is a pleasure to re-introduce the team to the community. But just as importantly as rebuilding, Angela has been rebranding. Supporting students with both learning needs and students that require extension throughout the school, her team is enriching their learning and providing great support.
Angela Sutton, Head of Learning Enrichment K-12 & Teacher, is a highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic leader of the team. She has extensive experience teaching and programming for all ages of students and she capably takes into consideration the specific learning and welfare needs of all in her care. She is capably supported by:
- Shancel Leacy, Learning Enrichment Assistant has been in the team since 2021, and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Music from Bath University (UK) and Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Ellana McAllister, who joined Glenaeon in February this year as a Learning Enrichment Assistant. She was previously at Chrysalis Steiner School as a Learning Aide and before that at St Edmunds College Wahroonga. Ellana has a Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Music and Certificate IV in Education Support.
- Emma Harrison started with Glenaeon in May this year as a Learning Enrichment Assistant. She is currently studying a Bachelor of Education, and recently completed an Advanced Diploma in Steiner Education at the Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar
- Monique Anderson works as a Learning Enrichment Assistant and is also Class 2 Teacher Assistant: Monique trained at the Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar and is a qualified teacher
- Olivia Jeffrey, Learning Enrichment Assistant (currently on mat leave)
Between them, this team covers K-Year 12 Glenaeon students whether supporting or extending the talents of gifted students. As always if you wish to discuss your child’s learning, please speak with your child’s Class Teacher or Guardian/Mentor in the first instance. If required, your child’s teacher will put in a referral for your child to Learning Enrichment.