Year 10 students, Pipi and Olivia invite students to come and help with face mask making at lunchtime on Tuesdays in the craft room at the Middle Cove campus. As part of their Duke of Edinburgh service Pipi and Olivia will drive this initiative. They have designed a poster, and are seeking your support. The aim is to make over 100 masks for the Chris O'Brien Lifehouse cancer treatment hospital. The hospital is currently giving out huge numbers of masks each day to outpatients and visitors, and wearing a mask is a prerequisite for hospital entry.
If you cannot make it at lunchtime on Tuesdays you can pick up take home kits for you, your family and friends to make. If you can help cut material and elastic, make up kits or sew masks then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents are also invited to help in the off-campus sewing bee:
- Download the face mask pattern https://www.mylifehouse.org.au/help-us-by-sewing-masks/
- Find some suitable fabric you have lying around or buy some
- Make as many face masks as you can
- Send some pics of your mask sewing activity to email@example.com
- Ask your child to bring the completed masks to school and hand them in at reception
Glenaeon will arrange for delivery of the completed masks to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at the end of the term. If you need fabric, please let Elizabeth know. If you can sew, donate fabric, elastic or support in any way, please contact Elizabeth Ellean via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sew much fun! And for a great cause!